Friday, April 30, 2010

Talking Short Stories at Short Fuse With Vanessa and Dave

Time is flying by and I just realised that it's 9 days until I take part in an exciting event in Brighton:


Short Fuse

Event - 9 May 2010 - 20:00
at KOMEDIA
Short Fuse, Brighton's premier short fiction cabaret showcase presents...Story Salon
Rising stars of short fiction Vanessa Gebbie, Tania Hershman and Dave Swann in conversation about the short story, its importance, its growing popularity and its possibilities as a form, with Q & A and readings.
Two talented new writers will also be featured at this event.

I'm really thrilled to be taking part - if you are anywhere nearby, come and give us your thoughts about short stories, etc... I plan to bring along some of my recent favourite collections, and to read other people's stories instead of my own, for a change! Vanessa's Words from a Glass Bubble is already one of the most prized collections on my shelf, and now I have just been introduced to Dave Swann's work, and I am devouring his collection, The Last Days of Jonny North. And looking forward to the other writers, whose identities have so far been kept from me. So - this should be a great evening!

The event is held in the gorgeous Komedia, click here for more information and to get tickets.

2 comments:

Nik Perring said...

Sounds brilliant!

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Looking forward to this very much!