Thursday, August 05, 2010

Dance Your Way to Psychic Sex

 A friend of mine, a published novelist, has just self-published a book under the name Alice Turing - and she is discussing how this came about over at Sue Guiney's blog today. It is a fascinating and inspiring story.The book was originally published by Random House in Germany and then no-one else picked it up, which left her feeling incredibly despondent. But then she had a thought. She says:
But what if I moved the goalposts, and made my own satisfaction the primary goal? What if my aim was to produce something beautiful, of a high standard which could be enjoyed by people I knew? What if I stopped jumping through hoops to sell books to readers I would never meet or hear from? What if I didn't have to make money from writing? What if I could just BE self-indulgent? Wouldn't that be lovely?

Well, it does sound lovely to me! Read the rest of the blog post here... I'm off to buy the book!

2 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

Thanks for the plug, T. And it is a very fun, very interesting read!

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

Yay! :O)