Sunday, October 09, 2011

Interviewed by Tim Love aka LitRefs

Just a quick post to direct you to Tim Love's excellent blog, LitRefs, a fantastic resource for all things literary. I've "known" Tim online for several years and he asked if he could ask me some questions - about our shared loved for fiction and science, about short stories, poetry, etc... Here's a taster:
What came first - Science or Fiction?
Definitely fiction! I started reading at a very early age, apparently, according to my mother (yes, she does say I was a prodigy, she is my mother) and stories were a big part of my childhood. Science came later, I have vague memories of reading some children's book about Famous Scientists but have no idea when that was. It was at school that I fell for maths (gosh now that sounds odd). I just loved solving equations, loved the right-or-wrongness, the lack of greyness, although now I understand far better that science and the scientific endeavour are full of grey areas.
You can read the rest of the interview here. Thanks, Tim!

2 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

Yep, read it. Great interview, guys.

Rachel Fenton said...

Tried to comment over there but I think it phooshed into the blogosphere ether...anyway, was saying thanks to you and Tim for a really enjoyable interview - you are a very talented lady - and I can't wait to read more of you.