Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy International Short Story Day! And... Delighted to announce that...

By the miracle of technology, I am writing this on a bus in America! I wanted to wish you all Happy International Short Story Day today, June 20th, the shortest day in the southern hemisphere...and the shortest night in the northern hemisphere.

And... by the miracle of technology I am delighted to announce that My Mother Was An Upright Piano: Fictions has just been published as an ebook! It is available in 2 ebook formats - epub and mobi, and each format includes an extra secret story, which is new and unpublished and hidden somewhere within the ebook.  A different secret story in each ebook format!

You can get it for Kindle here (UK) and here (US), here (Germany), and here (France) and for all other e-readers (ePub) direct from Tangent Books. How exciting!

A great way for me to celebrate ISSD, which, by the way, was initiated by the fabulous Comma Press, one of the pioneers of short story publishing in the UK...Check out this very comprehensive post on Thresholds and follow @shortstoryday on Twitter. And of course, if you need ideas of short stories to read, I am one of those recommending some of my favourites on the International Short Story Day site - and do check out The Short Review's June issue and our voluminous archives - why not buy someone you love a short story collection or anthology as a present today? Spread the joy...

6 comments:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Yippee and congrats on the e pubs alongside the paper book - and what a brilliant idea to have secret stories! Go little book!

Alison Wells said...

Fabulous, I can't wait to read though mine will be old school paperback. I agree with Vanessa, the secret story is great, very with the times! All the best with it xx

Bob Jacobs said...

Great news. I do all my reading on a Kindle these days so I'm really pleased to see this available. Downloaded and ready to read. Congrats.

Rachel Fenton said...

Love the secret story idea.

Happy travels!

Lauri said...

Enjoy USA! And congrats on the ebooks. :)

Tania Hershman said...

V - thanks, it was the ebook designer's idea, thank you Thomas! It definitely added spice to the whole electronic thingy.

Alison, thanks, I hope you had a lovely book launch!

Bob, thanks so much, I hope you find something in there (secret or otherwise) that you like!

Rachel, thanks, it's fun, eh? The travels and the secret story.

Lauri - I am, I am!