Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ShortStops Is Launched!

I've been very quiet here for months, and one of the main reasons is that I've been working hard on my brand new online short story venture. I'm delighted to announce that today it went live! It's called ShortStops, and in a nutshell (because we like small containers around here) it's me getting excited about all the amazing short-story-related activity in the UK & Ireland, which I think deserves celebrating! So, you will find an enhanced version of my lit mags list, joined by a list of Live Lit events across the UK & Ireland at which short stories are read, by their authors or by actors, plus a list of as many contemporary short story authors as I can find, who have published short story collections.

These lists will grow and grow, I know they will. And the site will also feature blog posts by the editors of said magazines and organisers of events, telling you about new issues, calls for submission, upcoming events and pictures from past events etc... So head over to ShortStops, sign up for our mailing list, follow the blog by email, follow us on Twitter.com/ShortStopsUK and Facebook, and join the short story party!

I'm going to have a lie down now, it's all been a bit too exciting...

8 comments:

Mari said...

oooh!!! I was wondering who was behind it. Fab news Tania and huge congrats. Looks like it'll be a real good one!!!

Anonymous said...

Heading over now. Exciting!

Anonymous said...

Great news! Your list of potential markets is a public service on its own, but a new site dedicated to the short story is much needed. I will blog about it on Friday in a regular slot covering writer resources on the web.

Unknown said...

This is very exciting and such a brilliant idea! Well done Tania, once again you sing it loud for the short story– FAB!! Will spread the word.

Nora Nadjarian said...

Well done!

chillcat said...

Wonderful news Tania! This calls for a virtual celebration? Xcat

Vanessa Gebbie said...

I left a comment - didn't I? It said Yay!

Tania Hershman said...

Thank you so much, everyone! Sorry for the delay in replying, it's all been quite a whirlwind, lots going on over at ShortStops already!