Monday, June 04, 2007

commended in 6 minute play comp

Well, I'd written this one off as a failure ages ago - but never speak too soon! I just discovered that I have been commended in a Six-Minute Play Competition! I adapted a short story of mine, The White Road, into a play just as an exercise, requiring me to change it quite a lot to fit into the demands of theatre. It was a really eye-opening thing to do, teaching me about structure, characters and story. I am so glad I did it. And being commended just shows me that some of what I did actually worked. Might send it somewhere else now. Ahhh, a good day.

4 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

Congrats Titania (not your real name, I know...)!

Frances said...

Congratulations, Tania! How great to branch out successfully into a new form.

Frances

Tania Hershman said...

Thanks, Frances, it is a lovely boost and exciting to think I could be writing plays as well as short stories!

Tania Hershman said...

Thanks so much, Clare!