Monday, January 22, 2007

I am Ubuntu

Do you notice anything different about me? Look closely. YES! I have switched to Linux! If you don't know what that means, then the rest of this post won't mean very much to you. I will attempt to explain. In a nutshell, I have shed Microsoft, waved bye bye to Windows, and gone Open Source. I have changed my operating system to Ubuntu, which is one of the many versions of the Linux free operating system. The word "Ubuntu" means something like

I am what I am because of who we all are

in Bantu. Nelson Mandela said it, or something.


Well, anyway, I finally got so fed up with Windows XP for various reasons and being sort of a techy I decided I had to make the move. So I migrated.

It feels good.

If only for the girly and superficial reason that Ubuntu's desktop colours are swirly chocolate
Nice, eh?

Things aren't quite as easy here as in Windows, but since I am mostly web-based, and for my writing all I really need is a good word processor, which Ubuntu comes with (OpenOffice), I should be OK.

Famous last words.

Any advice welcome.

No comments: