Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Flash acceptances

Photos of trip coming soon... but in the meantime, some nice news. I have just had three flash stories accepted by the wild and wacky Mad Hatter's Review. And they also want me to record audio versions, which I am thrilled about. I'll have to dust off my acting skills. So, in the next few months, three flashes in Mad Hatter's, two in SouthWord, three in the Ranfurly Review and one in Greatest Uncommon Denominator (which actually pays). Not bad, and great for the flash collection I am assembling.

Another positive aspect is that all of these flash stories ( all under 750 words in length, some much shorter) are very weird indeed, written in my writing group or during the 24-hour flash marathons on the Fiction Workhouse, an uninhibited and wondrous way to let the imagination roam free. I thought of most of these stories - which you could call surreal, magical realism, irreal, speculative fiction, even science fiction - as my odd-looking babies, that only I could love. I never imagined they would find a home, let alone 4 homes. Just shows you that there is always someone out there just as weird - or weirder - than you are. Thank the Lord for that.

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Well done, Tania - fab news!

:))

A
xxx

Kerry said...

Hi Tania,

I'm a new reader but wanted to pop in and say congratulations! It is encouraging that people are investing in, and recognising the value and craftmanship of flash fiction! :)

Sarah Hilary said...

Great news, Tania, you're on a roll! Congratulations!

Tania Hershman said...

Anne - thanks so much!
Kerry - welcome, thanks for stopping by. Great to meet another flash fiction fan.
Sarah - thanks! Fingers crossed the roll keeps rolling :)

Tania