Sunday, November 23, 2008

Source of Lit

Taking my inspiration from the wonderful Emerging Writers Network, I thought I'd mention just a few of the sources of great writing I've been enjoying recently:

Flash fiction:

The Deadline by Stefanie Freele in the newly launched Gander Press Review

The Table by David Erlewine in Smokelong Quarterly

The Collector of Shiny by Sara Crowley in Every Day Fiction

Going to be Like Miss Marple by Frances Gapper in Wigleaf

Two Minute Silence
by Sarah Hilary in Smokelong

Short Stories

Used to be by Elizabeth Baines in Carve

Poetry

A Stone for Your Shoe by Vanessa Gebbie in Every Day Poets

Three Poems by Harvey Molloy (thanks to Tim Jones!)

Books

Tangled Roots by Sue Guiney - I had been looking forward to reading this for ages, and was most certainly not disappointed, with its perfect blend of physics, family dynamics and wonderful writing! I will post a proper review soon.

Absent Kisses by Frances Gapper - a wonderful collection of fabulous, funny, odd and moving flash stories.

Day
by A L Kennedy - am half way through and I am blown away by this book, the prose, the characters. Unbelievable.

The Scent of Cinnamon: and Other Stories (Salt Modern Fiction) by Charles Lambert. I've only read a few stories but am loving this collection, it is surprising, dark, witty.

3 comments:

Harvey Molloy said...

I'm glad that you liked the poems. Many thanks for mentioning my work on your blog. I hope you enjoy the awards.

Tania Hershman said...

harvey, my pleasure! And thanks for the mention on your blog, and the link to the New Scientist article, much appreciated.

Oonah said...

Thanks Tania for mentioning Every Day Poets