Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stop 4 on the Walking the White Road Virtual Book Tour: Let's Talk Religion

Today I am hosted by the wonderful Sue Guiney on her blog, and we're talking about fiction and religion, something I had never thought about before she asked me her thought-provoking questions. A taster:

In a way, the fiction writer's “What if...?” that he or she asks himself is similar to the Talmudic rabbis, who discussed and pondered every possible permutation that occurred to them, every possible behaviour or situation that someone might come up against, in order to formulate a Jewish answer – or more than one! I have studied a little bit of Talmud and find it fascinating, the rabbis were often highly imaginative in the scenarios they thought up and in the ways they formulated solutions to problems.
For the rest of the interview, click here.
For more details about my Virtual Book Tour, visit TheWhiteRoadandOtherStories.com.

No comments: