Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Nothing Here Is Wild, Everything Is Open

After the most wonderful launch on Friday Feb 12th at the Cork International Poetry Festival - together with Victor Tapner, whose chapbook won 1st prize in the Fool For Poetry competition in which I scooped 2nd prize - I'm delighted to announce that my debut poetry chapbook, Nothing Here Is Wild, Everything Is Open, is published!

Yup, seems I can't deny being a poet any longer, though to reassure all you fiction writers, my adoration for prose is undiminished - let's just say, the love affair with words continues. I really never thought things would take this turn, I feel very lucky and immensely grateful!

Here are a few pics from the launch



I had a great time, can you tell? :) (Thanks to Jill Abram for the photo.)

And here's the gorgeous cover, featuring artwork by Eileen White - a piece I bought from her last year and thought would be ideal for my poems, which are often in some way inspired by science (spot Sir Isaac Newton on there):


The book will shortly be available to buy from the publishers, The Munster Literature Centre's Southword Editions - but if you'd like a (signed) copy, wherever you are in the world, you can buy direct from me - all the information is here, including a sample poem!

5 comments:

Caroline M Davies said...

Hi Tania

So wonderful to greet you as a fellow poet. I'm looking forward to reading Nothing Here is Wild, Everything is Open - love the title.

Caroline

Tania Hershman said...

Thank you, Caroline, it's a HUGE thrill! And my titles get longer and longer, very grateful for indulgent publishers :) My next book might be called [...].

Can't wait for your new book...!
T xx

I Must Be Off said...

Congratulations, Tania!

Tania Hershman said...

Thanks, Chris, it's very thrilling!

Caroline M Davies said...

I've been really enjoying reading this over the last week. Current favourite is 'Hold the baby'. You have such a unique voice.