Friday, May 09, 2008

A little creativity of another sort

This blog is intended to be primarily about the writing life, but I must just mention something else that I do: I knit. I have been knitting for over 30 years, since I was about 5 or so. Mostly I knit for myself, more recently for James. And my newest knitting venture is environmentally-friendly, too, and related to writing in that it involves those plastic covers that the lit magazines I subscribe to arrive in by the shed-load. To find out how this all comes together, check out James' blog post on Green Prophet!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

That is so cool. I'm impresed!

I'm learning to crochet and finding it all very difficult, so the level of 'how impressed I am' is very very high.

Tania Hershman said...

Ooh, crocheting I can't do at all! Do you knit? Crochet needles are too small and fiddly for me, and now I only knit with the bigger size needles, chunkier wool. Any pics of what you're crocheting? I don't know if you're ever in London, but there is an amazing wool shop, Loop, in Islington, http://www.loop.gb.com/ . Gorgeous wool!

slippingthroughtheworld said...

i love the bag tania and what a great idea; you might have set me off on one! x