Sunday, September 07, 2008

A little sadness but also a thrill

I am a bit sad. I'm a bit sad because I still haven't seen my book. I have been having wierd and imaginative anxiety dreams about it: last night's was that I saw the book and it was my stories but also lots of pictures from Star Trek and I was frantically trying to get hold of my publisher to tell her something was very, very wrong. Where did that come from? I don't know.

I am also a bit sad because I am not having a book launch party yet. I can't have one until I have several boxes of books so I can sell them. And I don't know exactly when that will be. At the earliest, in three weeks. But I want to party now. I want to see my book.

On the flipside, it has been - and continues to be - wonderful to receive the messages from those lovely souls who have bought the book and received it. Thank you, Douglas, for your blog comment yesterday, glad you are enjoying it, and I am absolutely delighted that it has sent you to buy a copy of New Scientist! If only I was on commission... I am so grateful to all of you who mentioned my book on your blogs (Vanessa, Nik, Sarah, Sarah, Sara, ... sorry if I missed someone). I was bowled over yesterday to read a comment by someone I didn't know on a blog post about the White Road in which he said: "'ll add this one to my wishlist as I like the sound of it (and I think I read about it somewhere else this week too!)." Read about it somewhere else? Wow. Wow....

3 comments:

pierre l said...

You poor thing. Is it taking a long time because Jen sent you a whole box of them and they are being held up somewhere? I'll happily send you my half-read copy, in exchange for your address in a private e-mail. I was interrupted by the phone just as I was about to find out what happens to the lady who gambles her lovely new shoes.
This is a serious offer (and I am not a stalker); I can replace my copy in two days.

Tania Hershman said...

Pierre - you are so kind. Perhaps by now you've read the next blog post I posted... and seen that it arrived!!

pierre l said...

Google Reader was being slow and hadn't shown me the next post yet.