Friday, May 22, 2009

Amazon Bestselling Short Stories - thank you all!

I have to blog about this even though - or because - it is so fleeting and will be gone shortly. This hour, The White Road and Other Stories is No 4 in Amazon UK's Bestselling Short Stories chart. And that's not all - my fellow Salt author Vanessa Gebbie's Words From a Glass Bubble is at No 12, Elizabeth Baines' Balancing on the Edge of the World is at number 34 and David Gaffney's Sawn-Off Tales is No 40. Thank you everyone for supporting Salt - we really appreciate it, it means so much to all of us.

In case you think we authors are just sitting back, I have bought Ballistics by Alex Keegan and Broken Things by Padrika Tarrant. Vanessa is buying too. Salt produces many, many excellent books, for more ideas see my earlier blog post or click on one of the covers below:

10 comments:

annie clarkson said...

How exciting... I'm struggling to buy one this month, as money is very tight, but am reviewing a couple, which might generate sales, and am telling friends. I love Salt and have many of their books on my bookshelf...
You will love Padrika's book, it's amazing...!

Tania Hershman said...

Annie, you do so much for short stories, don't even think you have to buy a book. We are trying to encourage those who haven't yet tasted Salt's delights!

Sarah Hilary said...

Terrific news, Tania, re your ranking. So richly deserved. I'm going to try and buy a book or two from Salt because they deserve to stay afloat.

Gay Degani said...

I'm going shopping!

Gay Degani said...

Bought Vanessa and Elizabeth... I have you. Love it.

CL Taylor said...

So glad the plea to help out is working - it would be awful if one of the few publishers of short fiction disappeared. I bought Elizabeth Baines's book. Looking forward to receiving it.

katrina said...

WOOHOO!! That is wonderful news!

nmj said...

hey tania, just to say i have now ordered your book... i have been in the situation of a publisher going into liquidation - though i know this is not exactly what is happening to salt - and it is a horrible place to be (though it ended happily for me). money is tight for me too, but i really want to do what i can to support the cause and have been wanting to read your book for ages anyway.

annie clarkson said...

Oh, sod it, I've just bought three books...!

Lauri said...

I received an Amazon gift certificate from a publisher in Canada for a story they used and thought I'd use it to buy a Salt title (Vaness's) and Sue's book (of course I have yours Tania) and my ISP ate the email with the gift certificate number inside saying it had a virus and the robots at Amazon are refusing to speak to me. :(
But... Congrats on your wonderful acheivement- you deserve every bit of it!