Thursday, May 14, 2009

Source of lit: Local Writer Friends

It is not often I mention people on this blog from my offline life (!!). Here are two: My friend and writing group member, Nadia, has a flash story, Photographic Memory, up today at Every Day Fiction. This is her first published short story - so raise a glass and toast the newly-published writer! May this be the first of many, many more! (And do go and read the story, it's wonderful).

This picture below is me and my book, and my friend Yael and her book. Taken last night in a cafe after a reading we'd been to by American author Marita Golden. Afterwards, we went and discussed how great it was to go and listen to an author, while sitting there and thinking, I am an author too. Is there anything more thrilling? I don't think so.

5 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

Oh yes!!

Tania Hershman said...

There is something more thrilling?? Do tell!

Nik Perring said...

Brilliant. And congrats to Nadia - off to read her story...

I want to know what's more thrilling too!
Nik

annie clarkson said...

I love Photographic memory, what a wonderful story,

and that's a lovely pic of you two authors as well...!

Yael U said...

Tan, I think it's more thrilling to be the author that's speaking! But this comes a good second! :)
Nice pic and great to chat

Yael